Dreaming of a New England Wedding. Newport, Rhode Island Weddings by Karma Flowers

Tuesday, November 27, 2012


Well you have probably been wondering where we have been and rightfully so. We have not been posting since the beginning of October with any sort of regularity and we sincerely apologize to our loyal readers. We would love to tell you where we have been and what we have seen and how we have been inspired. So over the next week or so we will invite you along for a recap of our two trips that sandwiched an unfortunate hurricane. We do hope you will join us...


First Stop: Newport Rhode Island

It's my favorite fall New England getaway and I have been lucky to get up there at the same time {late October} for the last 5 years. I love the antiquing {of course} but the quaintness of the narrow streets, rich with history are what really draw me to this port city. I can only imagine how it bustles in the summer, but the fall is uncrowded, and quiet and a chance to enjoy the shops, the food and the view. That being said, I took a trolley tour this year for the first time {so touristy, but so revealing} and I learned that Newport was where Mr. John F Kennedy and Ms. Jacqueline Lee Bouvier were married in 1953. 


Jacqueline Lee Bouvier and John F. Kennedy were married on the morning of September 12, 1953, in the picturesque St. Mary’s Roman Catholic Church in Newport, Rhode Island. The more than eight hundred guests included many notable individuals. 


Wait! 800 guests? Yikes!






In any case, it got my imagination wandering. With the sea air and the large, gilded mansions, what would a Newport wedding look like these days? And this is the regal soiree I dreamed up... 

by Karma Flowers photos courtesy of Pinterest


Perhaps my inspiration came from this photograph of a very small, modest bedroom in one of the mansions...




The best part is I don't need to imagine modern-day Newport weddings... there plenty fabulous ones showcased on The Newport Wedding Glam blog. What an inspirational site for nautical and outdoor weddings, although the one I loved the most was neither.

Meet Stacie and Matt and adore their Newport Wedding.

Newport Wedding Glam

Newport Wedding Glam

Newport Wedding Glam

Newport Wedding Glam

Newport Wedding Glam


Do you have a favorite New England getaway spot? We would love to hear!





1 comment:

  1. I like your post as how the place was before when John Kennedy and his wife was married until what it is now. This is a very nice place, I have seen the photos there and I love this. The environment is wide and free, you might not be surprised if I say it is also my favorite getaway spot in New England.

    ReplyDelete

 

© 2013 Karma Flowers. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas